Building a just and peaceful Zimbabwean society demand honesty and transparency
Authentic peace building recognizes truth and justice as ultimate values and necessary conditions for reconciliation and harmony.
KEY CONCEPTS/ THEMATIC AREAS
TRANSPARENCY & ACCOUNTABILITY
NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
Natural Resources Governance Project
Silveira House advocates for just governance of the country’s natural resources and redistribution in a manner that benefits all citizens. We work closely with Community Share Ownership Trusts (CSOTs) in building their capacity for inclusive and transparent use of financial resources they receive from the mining companies operating in their areas. We offer community leaders technical and legal support in advocating just policies and laws affecting their operations and the operations of mining companies.
Governance Leadership Clinic Project
Meaningful participation of youth in decision making and governance processes.
- to increase confidence among the youth to participate in civic processes;
- to strengthen engagement of duty bearers by the youth for social change.
Young people between the age of 15 and 35 in Mt. Darwin District, Mashonaland Central Province and Hopely, Harare South District of Harare Province
Unlocking Community Development: The Role Of Government And Community Share Ownership Trusts
- Responsive CSOTs/RDCs in performing their service delivery/community development roles and functions.
- Improved knowledge and appreciation of laws and policies governing CSOTs by CSOT Boards and other stakeholders.
- Improved community capacity to undertake social accountability monitoring.
Originally, the project was geographically spread in 3 provinces; Mashonaland East, Matabeleland South and Midlands, covering 5 districts of Goromonzi, Mutoko, Umzingwane, Mberengwa and Zvishavane.
Due to demand for more programmes in other districts among the CSOTs, the project’s intervention was extended to 2 more provinces, Mashonaland West and Matabeleland North, thereby increasing CSOTs to 8, that is, Zimplants-Mhondoro-Ngezi-Chegutu-Zvimba, Umguza and Gwanda.