Executive Certificate in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL)
Programme and project Monitoring and Evaluation is essential for development practitioners to measure and report on the results and impact of their programming. This enables them to document lessons learnt and improve current and future performance of the programmes. Monitoring and Evaluation is hence an essential function for all organizations either in the public or private sector. This Executive Certificate course in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) provides practical knowledge to learners that can be utilized in different fields of development.
Who should attend:
The Executive Certificate in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) course is targeting development practitioners and professionals in different fields who are already engaged in various disciplines along with upcoming practitioners who are still beginning their careers.
A minimum of a diploma or degree in any field from a recognized and accredited institution. Previous qualifications do not need to be necessarily linked to the field of development.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Have a general understanding of the key principles of Monitoring & Evaluation and clearly distinguish between the two.
- Develop Monitoring & Evaluation tools, systems and frameworks for use in any project or programme.
- Effectively Monitor & Evaluate any programme.
- Demonstrate data collection and analysis skills for Monitoring & Evaluation.
The Executive Certificate in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) course has 6 compulsory core modules and 6 elective modules from which the learners will need to select 2. Learners need to have completed 9 modules and the MEAL project in order to graduate.
1. Principles of Monitoring & Evaluation
2. Data collection methods in Monitoring & Evaluation
3. Data management and presentation for Monitoring & Evaluation
4. Analyzing and reporting in Monitoring & Evaluation
5. Contemporary issues in Development
6. Evidence based programming
7. MEAL Project
1. M&E in Organizational Resource Mobilization
2. M&E in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Resilience programming
3. M&E in Lobbying and Advocacy programming
4. M&E in Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) programming
5. M&E in Agricultural programming
6. M&E in Education programming
Dates: 21 February to 29 July 2022
Instructors: Mr. Harrington Chuma, Mr. Khuphukani Ndlovu, Mr. Innocent Mhangarai, Mr. Shingai Anselmo Nhara
Venue: The course will adopt both virtual and physical learning sessions. Physical sessions will be hosted at Silveira House Jesuit Social Justice & Development Centre, Acturus Road, Chishawasha, Harare
Costs: US$300 tuition & US$15 registration fee (Registration fee & at least US$150 tuition to be paid in order to register)
Registration deadline: 16 February 2022
Certification: Upon completion of the learning, learners will receive a certificate of achievement with Silveira House
Why register with Silveira House
Silveira House was established in 1964 with the sole purpose of providing technical skills transfer through private and donor funding programmes. In the last 57 years Silveira House has implemented various projects in emergency response, governance, lobbying and advocacy, governance, WASH, vocational technical skills and agriculture. The experience gained over the 57 years informs the theoretical and practical training that the learners will receive.
How to register: Click Below